Quick fixes for wi-fi and wired network
Ever feel like your internet connection is very slow, you can not stream video from your phone. Your phone seem not to be able to connect to your router. Don’t worry, these are the a few of common internet connectivity issues user experience. Here we got some quick fixes that will let you resolve such issues in no time.
Resolving Connection Issues on Your Wi-Fi Network
- Check if the wireless switch is on. Note: Wireless switch has radio tower icon, if not sure check out the universal wireless icon.
- Turn off and then turn on all the devices on the network to reset and synchronize them. This step will also help when you can not browse your internet after buying a new router. This step will flush any information network still holding of an old router.
- Right-click the network icon or in the notification area of your taskbar, and then click Troubleshoot problems and follow the instructions.
- Check for corrupted or incompatible drivers. Go to device manager and then uninstall and then re-install network drivers.
- Check from another computer or devices If another device is able to access internet then checkout for ip-conflict issue, to read more about it click here.
- Eliminate Router You can directly connect via Ethernet cable(LAN Cable) and if that works. Then try to reset router.
You can check out this video, it covers all common issues of internet connectivity.
Resolving Connection Issues on Your Wired Network
- Check for any loose or disconnected cables or wires.
- Firewall blocking intent connection. You can disable the firewall by changing settings at network connections via control panel
- Change Ethernet cable or use another port for plugin
Here is a video showcasing how to set up LAN connection perfectly on Windows 7