Protect LCD display monitor
- Do not use Alcohol or Ammonia to clean LCD screens. Use very soft cloths for cleaning LCD screens.
- Closing and opening the lid using only one side causes pressure on that hinge, and over the time, it can make hinge bend and snap.
Handle it carefully so you don’t lose data.
- Always “Shut Down” or “Hibernate” before moving your laptop. This cause hard drive spins down, which is good for power saving and also prevents potential data loss.
- Always use your carrying case when moving your laptop. In fact, a short fall might damage the hard drive and can cause the complete loss of your data. If your machine gets broken, contact our Repair desk to get service quote or have Heartland Computers laptop screen replacement at just $49.95
- You avoid spilling your drinks but even if that happens, do not power on a wet laptop or computer. Short circuits might cause loss of data or can even permanently destroy some integral parts of your machine. Carefully unplug the power and contact our Repair service desk immediately.
- To keep your laptop from overheating, use it on hard and flat surfaces. Always make sure nothing blocks air vents.
- Do not expose your Laptop or computer to rapid temperature changes. During cold or rainy weather, it’s recommended to use laptop and computer inside air-conditioned rooms. In such weather, If you use your machine outside Condensation droplets would form inside machine and may cause corrosion on disk drive. If you use it in direct heat of sunlight and then bring it to air-conditioned room, do not turn it immediately, Instead, let it cool down to room temperature first.
- Many laptop computer owners forget to back up their data or they simply don’t have time for back up processes. Its recommended to backup important data on daily basis. You can get our In-store Data Back-up/Transfer services at just $49.95
*** Heartland Computers can help you recover your data, Contact Repair service desk now.
Computer Security and PC performance Tune ups
- Only use those softwares except antivirus, who are sending or receiving any data to their server with your permissions.
- Clean up cookies, history and temporary files generated by applications and browsing.
- Disable Unneeded Windows features. To do so, Go to: Start Menu >> Control Panel >> Programs,Click on “Turn Windows Features on or off” under programs tab.
- Always have antivirus software on your machine. We strongly recommend Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Pro for virus and malware protection.